Monday, April 30, 2012

Glorify God!

When I woke up this morning my heart just wasn't in the right place.  I think sometimes I focus too much on my heart condition (or how I feel) instead of just living in obedience.

What should I do when I'm tired?  Glorify God!

What should I do when I don't understand?  Glorify God!

What should I do when I'm angry?  Glorify God!

What should I do when I'm stressed out?  Glorify God!

What should I do when finances aren't perfect?  Glorify God!

I'll be the first to admit this is easier said than done.  I'm just trying to relay the idea that obedience without heart is better than no obedience and no heart.  I also think it's interesting how acting in obedience has a way of changing your heart condition.  As cheesy as this sounds, obedience is the wind to the hearts sail (yes, I made that up).  Start acting in obedience and discipline and you're heart will fall into place.  We're of the flesh, and as a result there will always be a struggle with our spirit (Galatians 5 and 6).  In other words, our heart isn't going to be in the right place all the time.  This requires that there be times of walking in obedience even when our hearts don't feel like it.  Ultimately, it is keeping your election pure in Christ through obedience that will realign your heart with God's.

Grace and Peace,
JoMo

No comments:

Post a Comment