Friday, May 4, 2012

The Greatest Gift

All of us have that one Birthday or Christmas were we got the gift of all gifts.  The one thing we wanted more than ever.  The thing that we kick, and screamed, and cried for.  I was a spoiled child, so mine is a tie between the Jurassic Park Compound, a full train set, and a Playstation 2.  While I remember receiving these gifts, they have long since been collecting dust in a storage room.  Now days, I recognize that the greatest gift I actually received was grace.  Grace that I didn't deserve.  Grace that was extended nearly 2000 years before I was born.  I'm obviously talking about the gift of Jesus.  I remember truly claiming Christ July 28, 2011.  It's been almost a year and my greatest fear is that Jesus will start collecting dust like the earthly gifts back in my storage closet.  We are all afforded the worlds' greatest gift everyday... Jesus.  Unfortunately, very few of us choose to cherish Jesus daily as the gift he really is (this would be me).  Keep this in mind next time the world has you down.  If you're in Christ you've received the greatest gift ever TODAY and it is no longer you who live, but Christ who lives in you.  Cherish Jesus and his word daily!

1 Corinthians 15:1
"Now I would remind you, brothers of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are BEING saved, IF you hold fast to the word I preached to you- unless you believed in vain."

Paul notes that being saved involves holding fast (continually cherishing/receiving) the gospel!  Thank you God for the gift of Jesus!  May we never grow inoculated to this gift or the truth of the gospel!

Grace and Peace
JoMo

No comments:

Post a Comment